Monday, January 19, 2009

SNOWBOARDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we finally got to go snowboarding this season. Justin and I took Valen to Kissing Bridge resort on Monday. At first, we decided that we should just stick to the bunny hill. But once we saw the bunny hill, Valen told us that she would be fine on the "mountain." So, off we went!


I would have to say this is my best picture ever!



Valen is one of the most natural snowboarders I have ever taught. She kept pointing her board down the mountain and taking off. She fell a lot, but got right back up and kept going. I was amazed at how easy it was to teach her and how well she did. I thought it was going to be a lot harder, but she did amazing.


After each run, Justin and I tried to talk Valen into going into the lodge and resting, but she kept insisting on just one more run. We finally had to stop because our tickets expired.



Even though she is sore and got a few bumps and bruises, she is already asking me when we can go again.

I will have to say that I really wasn't expecting much, as far as the resort itself goes. I am used to Utah powder, and I was afraid of what we wouldn't be experiencing. But, it snowed almost every day for two weeks, and that made the snow pretty good. I would have to say, I am impressed with New York snow, this time around. The "mountain" was small, but the resort wasn't busy, the snow was good, and the fries were delicious!



2 comments:

Hailey said...

Wow, I wish I knew how to snowboard. I've only gone skiing once in my life. that was about 10 years ago. I had a great time, but I think the older I get the more of a chicken I become.

The Conductor said...

Valen, Garrett had a good time watching this! He's been skiing a few times, but now he wants to snowboard!