Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Movie Review

During the school break Justin wanted help doing "research," so we watched several movies. I thought it might be fun to critique them:

~Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull--let's just say that I will be sticking to the classic Indiana Jones movies, of which I am a big fan.

~Once--we had some friends reccomend this one, and it was really good. It's a modern day musical without all of the big dance numbers--which I do enjoy every now and then--but the music is well written and the story was enjoyable. I will say that the movie ended the way it was supposed to.

~Bella--if you like Juno, this may not be for you. But if you are like me and thought Juno was entertaining, but unlike real life, then you would like this addoption story better.

~The Happening--I would have to say that this is not M. Night's best movie. I have enjoyed watching his other movies, but this one was a little over the top for me. When we watched the bonus features and he mentioned that he was out to make the best "B" movie of all time, it cemented my feelings of dislike. You don't purposfully create a "B" movie or cult classic, they are named that way after they have come out and failed with the public.

~I am Legend--I'm not one for zombie or vampire or undead type movies, but I really liked this one. I thought that Will Smith held the movie well. If I had to choose between watching this and The Happening again, I would choose this one every time.

~It Happened One Night--I'm not a huge Clark Gabel fan, but this was a good movie. The acting was good, even though real drunk people don't act like that, and I NEVER look that good when I first wake up in the morning. It's a good one if you like classics or Frank Capra films.

No comments: