Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Past Ten Days

Instead of blogging about all of these separately, I thought I would put them all together, and not necessarily in order.


Art Day
These are my little artists hard at work. We were making a birthday card for Valen's friend, and Riley wanted to join in the fun.


She had brushes, paper and cups of paint in the beginning, but we ended up just squirting the paint directly on the paper and using fingers.



Another look at the master hard at work. The cool thing about it was her asking for specific colors and telling me where to squirt them. I would suggest a color and she would tell me yes or no, and then tell me exactly where to squirt the paint.



This is Valen decorating the bag for the birthday present. She had more fun mixing colors and seeing what the outcome would be. She wasn't real focused on a design or picture, just color experimentation.


Riley's masterpiece.



This is Valen at the birthday party--for which we made the card and colored the bag--at Page's Party Paradise. She got to climb the rock wall, play games--her favorite being skee ball--and a game of laser tag. She was on the blue team and told me that she won the game because she shot the red teams target. She has requested that we go play laser tag again so that she can show me how to win.


Leaps N Bounce
On Saturday we decided to take the kids to Leaps N Bounce in Williamsville. Riley was absolutely obsessed with the slide. I think we set a new record of 40 slides in 20 minutes. She had a hard time climbing up to go down the slide, but after several runs she learned how to do it all by herself. She also insisted that she go down the slide all by herself. She was very good at going down the normal feet first, but when that got a little old, she was willing to try head first.

At the end of the day she was trying to go up the slide.



It's not a good picture, but this is me and Riley at the top of the slide watching Valen go down. Inflatable objects make it hard to take pictures.



Again, not a good picture, but this is Valen's "I'm having a good time" face. She really did have fun, I think she was upset that we were leaving.



Sun Day--or in other words, a Sunday with sun.
It was finally sunny today, and so Justin and Valen had to take advantage of it and play outside in the snow. This is Valen's snow bunny--my favorite part is the tail on the behind.

I'm not sure, but it might be a warrior bunny, maybe that's why it's holding the stick.

This is Justin's snow centipede--would that be snowtipede--and Valen's warrior bunny.


1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You are such a creative mom - Thanks for the fun b-day cards for Jacob and Garrett - That was so thoughtful of you. Thanks again!