Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a Day

Valen
We went to Palmyra today so that I could baby-sit for those going to the Temple. Valen played outside for awhile, watched the new Barbie movie and went to the Family History Library to learn how to do family history. After about 5 minutes she came back and told me that wasn’t what she really wanted to do.
After we got home I decided that I was too tired to make dinner so we went to Olive Garden to pick dinner up. We came home and watched Nanny McFee while we ate. Then Valen and Riley turned into puppies and were barking and running around and panting. I even caught Valen licking Riley’s face—GROSS!!!

Riley
We went to Palmyra today so that I could baby-sit for those going to the Temple. There were a lot of kids crammed in one small room, but Riley enjoyed playing with all of the trucks, trains, cars and the chalkboard. She would go up to several of the kids and talk to them, or sit by them like they were old friends. She would talk and laugh just enjoying herself. On the chalkboard she drew circles and letters. The circles were real circles, and she knew what they were. I wrote her name and she just started drawing lines and saying random letter names and then yell “Riley!” She did point out several letters and it seemed that she really knew what they were.
When we got home I decided I was too tired to fix dinner so we went to Olive Garden to pick up dinner. Then, we came home and ate dinner while we watched Nanny McFee. After eating our dinner we had the mints that come with the food. Riley got so excited that she ran around the room yelling, “treats! Treats!”

No comments: