Thursday, September 18, 2008

LAZY ME

So, I haven't gotten any pictures up from our trip yet, but I have been journaling Valen and Riley's day each day so far this month. I'm not going to put them all up, but from now on I will post them each day, hopefully. And eventually I will get to our trip pictures. **Warning** Valen's post for today does contain talk about sex from the view point of a seven year old--yes she has had "The Talk."

VALEN
September 18, 2008

The past few days, Riley and I have been playing outside just before Valen gets home from school. We catch Valen as she gets off the bus and she comes over to the playground to play with us. Today, as Valen was getting off the bus I yelled for her to come over to us, but she didn’t hear me. I told Riley that we needed to go home to get Sissy; by the time we got there Valen was hysterical and crying. She said she was worried and scared that we weren’t home. Riley ran up to her, and with a concerned look on her face gave Valen a hug and asked if she was “owie.”
Tonight at dinner, somehow we got talking about babies and I told Valen that I would have the next baby if she would be pregnant for me. She told me no way, and besides she couldn’t be pregnant anyway, “Eight year-olds can’t have babies Mom, that’s gross, I don’t want a penis stuck in my vagina. GROSS!” I laughed so hard.
Valen had Karate again tonight. She is still doing very well. She listens and does everything that she is asked. Her jumps kicks keep getting better and better.

Riley
Riley and I spent the whole morning running errands. For one we had to go on campus. Riley got so excited when we pulled up to the CFA building. She started yelling out, “Daddy, Daddy!!” She didn’t quite understand why he wasn’t there. But I think the ride in the elevator took her mind off of it. We also passed by Valen’s school; again she got really excited and started screaming, “Sissy, Sissy!! Hi Sissy!” We waved as we drove by.
Riley made her first fort today. While I was getting dinner ready she brought her blankie and several dishes into the kitchen and hung out under the table. The only way that I could get her to come out was to set up Valen’s little table in the living room.
Valen had Karate tonight, so we went to watch. Riley had to bring her bag full of dishes and set them up all over a chair. A little boy behind us kept looking at Riley and what she was doing. Riley gave him the evil eye and threw herself over the dishes, and then eventually covered them so he wouldn’t touch them.
Usually when I put Riley to bed she gets up several times and tries to come out of the room. I stand at the door and hold the doorknob so that she can’t turn it and get out. This usually deters her enough to go and get into bed. Tonight, however, after she tried the doorknob, she screamed out, was quiet for a moment and then yelled out, “Help you! Help you!” I opened the door to find her trying to climb the ladder to the top bunk; she was on the third rung, and got stuck.

I hope you enjoy my world through the lives of my children. Someday I may get my own life, but that's not very likely.

No comments: