Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Quinoa and Wild Rice Pilaf

This one has quickly become a favorite around our house. It is simple and packed full of nutrition and protein.


Simple Quinoa and Wild Rice Pilaf

~ ½ C wild rice
~ 1 C quinoa
~ 1 vegetable bullion cube
~ 2 T butter or margarine
~ 2 scallions, thinly sliced
~ salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1. Combine the rice with 1 ¼ C water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
2. Add the quinoa, bouillon cube, and 2 C water. Cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the butter and scallions. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

YUM I will be trying this recipe!

Necha said...

Hey Carly! I just wanted to say thank you for all of the mother's day and birthday wishes! You are so on top of things! I can't even remember my own kid's birthdays...let alone everyone else's! You are pretty amazing! Thanks so much! It makes us feel pretty special!! -Necha

Anonymous said...

This sounds great! My husband and I love to cook--we will have to try this recipe. Hope you're doing well!