Sunday, March 21, 2010

Film Performance

It was my privilege last night to attend one of Justin's film performances. I usually don't get to go because of babysitting issues--they usually start late at night and go into the wee hours of the morning--but last night it started and ended at a time that was manageable. He was one of two film/video performances. He performed one piece--"Valen in the grove"--and presented another--"The Sound of Crickets." It was really neat to see him perform in front of an audience and receive positive feedback. I'm amazed at how far he has come creatively and how much talent he has. I love the field that he has chosen and the direction that he is taking with it. I decided last night that if his career involves nothing but smaller performances and film festivals I would be completely happy. I don't need red carpet premiers to enjoy what he does for a living.

*Total bonus! He got paid for his performance! He is now a professional artist!

Check out the link to the event:
http://www.justbuffalo.org/index.php?task=view&id=60&show=493

1 comment:

amy said...

awesome!!!! a real artist. amazing!